Marlena Chertock is the new Communications Coordinator. She joined the board in March 2018. Read on to learn more about her.
- What do you like to write? I write poetry mostly, about the body, chronic pain, disability, and being a woman. But I also write short stories about climate change, women who like to cosplay, queerness in space, and more.
- Where do you live? Washington, D.C.
- What’s your favorite LGBTQ-related book or book by an LGBTQ author? I really loved Danez Smith’s [insert boy]. That was a powerful read.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I really wish I could fly on a broomstick or just be able to get to places faster. The travel time really takes a lot out of me. And I love Kiki’s Delivery Service, so that’d just make me even more like Kiki.
- Coffee or tea? Milk or dark chocolate? Print or e-reader? Tea and dark chocolate all the way. And I find that I read more print books, but can also read more news articles online than in print. Weird.