The LGBTQ Writers Caucus is for those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer to network and discuss common issues/challenges in the literary community and world. These concerns are related to gender fluidity and identity while teaching and writing professionally, along with leading a literary and socially responsible life. We share interests, publications, and projects in order to strengthen visibility and importance to AWP, along with addressing our social/creative significance to academic/literary communities.
We are now celebrating our 6th year representing LGBTQ writers at the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) Conference.
Who are the current board members?
The folks above have graciously agreed to serve on the board of the AWP LGBTQ Writers Caucus for the 2019-2020 year.
Why the blog?
Over time, the LGBTQ Writers Caucus increased its web presence through Facebook, and Twitter. In 2016, we wanted to offer a larger space to promote LGBTQ writers, panels, and events throughout the year and at the annual AWP event. Expect to see posts that …
- Promote upcoming LGBTQ-centered panels
- Publicize new works by LGBTQ writers by announcing new works, events, or other things of interest to our community
- Connect you to your LGBTQ Writers Caucus Board Members
- Keep you informed about other happenings in the LGBTQ and AWP communities
We are also happy to hear about topics that are of interest to you. Looking for a way to promote your own work? We are happy to share your good news! Visit the “Contact” page for details.
How can I be involved?
There are lots of ways to be involved in the LGBTQ Writers Caucus. Give one of the following a try:
- Inform us of your panel or event prior to the next AWP conference.
- Share your latest writerly success by leaving us a message on the “Contact” page or through social media.
- Write a guest blog post. These can include panels you’d like to see, a book review, an issue you’re having in the literary/queer community, or an interview with a future panelist about an upcoming event.
- Come to the LGBTQ Writers Caucus meeting at the next AWP conference.
- Join the LGBTQ Writers Caucus Facebook group or follow us on Twitter at @LGBTQWriters.
- Volunteer to work at the LGBTQ Writers table at the AWP bookfair.
- Suggest another way to get involved!
You can also contact us here. In the comments field, let us know what you’re interested in doing. We will get back to you as soon as possible!